WORD REVIEW # 10
Lessons 46-50 Health
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
1. Your doctor’s _________are as important as his prescriptions.
2. Dentists are as concerned with your dental __________as with the condition of your teeth.
3. To avoid ________any additional charges, you should ask to be discharged from the hospital.
4. It is as fast and efficient to _________with your pharmacist as with your physician.
5. Although an annual checkup is important, you should also make an _________whenever you have a health concern.
6. A dentist can perform dental ________as well as routine maintenance.
7. A good medical insurance will ________preventive health programs as well as treatment.
8. The most difficult part of hospitalization is being__________.
9. A pharmacist will ___________the customer’s medications.
10. I don’t understand most of what I read in a hospital’s billing ________.
Choose the one word or phrase that best completes each sentence.
The most important part of your health care is the (11. _____) visit to your doctor. By visiting your doctor once a year, you can feel sure that any changes in your health will be detected. Your doctor might (12. ________) lifestyle changes, such as diet and exercise, that you will need to make in order to maintain your health. The best way to (13. ________) serious dis- ease, after all, is to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
(C) to recommend
To: All company staff
From; Human Resources Office
Re: Dental insurance
Dental insurance is now available to all company (14. ______) . We can offer you a policy that covers all the (15. ______) dental procedures, such as cleanings and fillings. Unfortunately, surgery and other complicated procedures will not be covered. If you are interested in applying for this insurance, please notify our office before the end of this month. We (16. ______) you to take advantage of this opportunity to obtain affordable dental care for yourself and your family.
(A) are encouraged
Your doctor has prescribed this medication to treat your symptoms. Take it as instructed by your doctor. It is most (17. ______) when taken with meals. Consult with your doctor before taking any additional medications to avoid (18. ______) harmful interactions. Possible side effects of this medication include sleepiness and (19. ______) of the stomach.