WORD REVIEW # 5
Lessons 21-25 Financing and Budgeting
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
1. The Small Business Administration will help you to arrange to ________money to start a business.
2. When we___________ a loan, we found very good terms.
(A) take out
(B) took out
(C) taken out
(D) taking out
3. Most people get nervous when someone is _________their books.
4. Sometimes it is difficult to__________ of bad investments.
(A) pull up
(B) pull out
(C) pull at
(D) pull to
5. I prefer ___________ in social-conscience funds.
6. When the Dow is dropping, investors need to be__________.
7. Sometimes it is difficult to understand how the government __________tax liability.
8. One decision with tax returns is whether to __________ itemizing in favor of the standard deduction.
(A) give up
(B) giving up
(C) gave up
(D) given up
9. The company’s____________ earnings over the next six months were exciting.
10. Some parts of the tax code are so confusing that they need_________.
Choose the one word or phrase that best completes each sentence.
At Grover Investment Services, we understand that you work hard to earn your money, and it is important to invest it (11. _______). This is where we come in. We offer our (12. _______) a full range of investment services. Whether you are a conservative or aggressive investor, we can help you develop an investment plan that suits your needs. At Grover, we are (13. _______) to helping you get the best possible return for your money. Call us today.
First-time home buyers may feel overwhelmed by the process of applying for a mortgage. However, the process of (14. _______) money to buy a house is not very complicated. First, you will have to fill out a form giving information about
your financial situation. You need to show that you have a good income. It is also important not to have a lot of (15. _______) . If you already owe a lot of money, the bank may hesitate to lend you more. Then, you will have to make a (16. _______), usually about 10 percent of the total price of the house. The bank lends you the rest of the money for the purchase.
(C) down payment
Many people use the services of an accountant to help (17. _______) their tax forms. They consider it well worth the money. An accountant can help you avoid (18. _______) for underpayment of taxes and, in general, ensure that your tax form has been filled out correctly. But remember, accountants have deadlines too. Be sure to give all your tax information to your accountant early, then you can be sure that your taxes will be ready to (19. _______) on time. No one wants to pay a fine for sending in their tax form too late.